Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Blog Post #6


The thing that stuck out to me the most in Sucked into the Tunnels Beneath Las Vegas is how Matt O'Brian goes into the tunnels when he he's having a hard time. Also, how he brings food and other supplies to the people that are living in the tunnels. Even though homeless people are living down in the tunnels and some are doing drugs, I think that it is a good place to get away from the real streets of Las Vegas. Matt said it himself, "when work wasn't going all that great  or my relationship with my girlfriend wasn't all that great, I would strap on some boots and grab a flashlight and walk a tunnel to get away from everything above ground." Some people just need to get away from reality sometimes and I think that is a good place to go.
 In addition, I think that it is great that Matt would bring the homeless people food. Even though it may not be enough food for everyone, it can still help the people living down there a little bit, and it is good to know that people care for the homeless people like Matt does. With Vegas being as busy and crazy as it is, I think the tunnels beneath the Vegas streets is a great place to go, even if it is where some homeless people live. It would be much safer living in the tunnels rather than living on the actual streets of Vegas, especially for young children. One of the downfalls of it is that anyone can go down there and do drugs, such as meth, without anyone else knowing. Some of the people might feel more comfortable and more at home living in the tunnel, especially if people like Matt come and visit and sometime even bring food.

No comments:

Post a Comment