In my speech, I don't think I had one main point. I focused more on the history, what my culture was, and why Memorial Coliseum is important. I also didn't really have a thesis statement that I went off of, but I did have an attention catcher. I could have transitioned a little bit better, but I didn't think it was so bad. When I spoke, I said like and um many times. When I get nervous I say that a lot, but don't even realize it until you actually hear it. I also talked really fast. I think I barely made the speech just long enough, but could have been a little bit longer. There was no video on mine, I could only hear it so I couldn't tell if I was doing any unnecessary hand gestures or playing with my hair. I thought I made eye contacts pretty well and didn't just stare at the slides or my notecards. I thought my slides were colorful. They weren't too much, just enough. I know I did not orally cite my pictures during my speech.
On my next speech, I will work on my speaking and not say like and um so much. I will also rehearse more so I am more prepared for my presentation. I will make sure I have a thesis statement to base my main point off of. Next time, my outline will be much better so I can have something prepared before I actually do the speech.
No comments:
Post a Comment