One space that I am looking at is Memorial Coliseum. I think this interesting because it's a memorial to the Kentuckians who died in World War I and the Korean War. Also, the UK volleyball team plays there and I love volleyball.
Another site that I am looking at is CSF, the Christian student fellowship located on campus. I think it's good to have something like this for students to get involved in and somewhere they can go to feel welcomed.
Jillian,
ReplyDeleteBoth of these sound like great places. The memorial aspect of the Coliseum would provide an interesting tension to the sports happening there. My question would largely be whether or not you'll have all the access that you need to this space. Can you get in there just to wander around and observe, or will you need tickets to events, etc.? But if access isn't a problem, I think the Volleyball community would be a great specific subset to explore in later projects for the class.
CSF would also be a nice site. I think that access wouldn't be a problem here. My question would just to be make sure this is something you wouldn't want to join up with so you can maintain more of an outsider status throughout the entire semester.