The source that I found is a website on Kentucky athletics. It talks about how Memorial Coliseum is a memorial to more than 10,000 Kentuckians who died in the World War I and the Korean Conflict. The source also states that there was a one million dollar renovation was done in 1990. The renovation consisted of a new weight training facility, new basketball and athletics administration offices, a player's lounge, and a team meeting room was added. After the renovation, the seating capacity went from 11,500 to 8,000. I didn't realize that they had done a renovation, and that is why the building is in good condition. Other than volleyball games, Memorial also holds women's basketball games and gymnastic meets. Many other activities are held at Memorial such as, sorority events and other community events. By learning some new information from my secondary source, it changed my perspective a little bit because I was unaware that Memorial housed other sporting events, and I didn't realize how important of a place it really was.
"Kentucky Wildcats Official Athletic Site." Kentucky Wildcats Official Athletic Site - Athletic Department. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Sept. 2013.
http://www.ukathletics.com/athletic-dept/memorial-coliseum.html
No comments:
Post a Comment